John C. Lipman, MD, FSIR
- Board Certified in Radiology as well as Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Performed over 8,000 Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) procedures – the world’s most experienced UFE physician
- Author of numerous articles for academic and medical journals
- Has delivered over 200 invited lectures focused on uterine fibroids and UFE at national and international conferences
- Specializes in fibroid treatment – UFE is Dr. Lipman’s principal area of practice
- Medical degree earned from Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Radiology residency at Brigham & Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship trained in Vascular & Interventional Radiology – Yale New-Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine
- Fellowship from the Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR); a distinction that only 10% of Interventional Radiologists will ever achieve in their career
- 2021 Vanguard Award for Philanthropy Morehouse School of Medicine NAA
- 2019 Trailblazer Award Atlanta Medical Association
- 2019 TORCH award recipient – 9th Annual Rising In Community Excellence (RICE) Awards
- 2017 Best Fibroid Doctor – Best Self Magazine
- 2016 Heroes in Healthcare Award Wells Luxury Group
- 2014 Healthcare Heroes Award – Atlanta Business Chronicle
- 2013 Patients’ Choice Award – Vitals.com – Georgia’s Favorite Physicians
- Atlanta Magazine’s “Top Docs in Atlanta”
- Sharecare Editorial Advisory Board – An interactive internet healthcare platform established by Dr. Mehmet Oz (The Doctor Oz Show) and Jeff Arnold (creator of WebMD)
- Past Board of Directors member of the Medical Association of Atlanta (MAA), as well as the Cobb County Medical Society (CCMS)
After his training, Dr. Lipman practiced Interventional Radiology in a large private practice group in Atlanta for 14 years. In 2005, he started his own private practice – Atlanta Fibroid Center. In 2015, he opened a state of the art 5,400 square foot outpatient medical facility, caring for patients from throughout the United States and even from a number of countries outside of the US. While he is best known for his pioneering work in the nonsurgical treatment of uterine fibroids, Dr. Lipman’s practice also treats a number of other medical conditions seen in women such as fallopian tubal infertility and migraine headaches.
A Physician with a Mission
A critical aspect of Dr. Lipman’s mission includes educating the public about fibroids and UFE. Equally important, he helps other physicians become better informed about uterine fibroids and their treatment. As a passionate speaker to community groups, Dr. Lipman ensures that UFE is recognized as a minimally invasive treatment option for fibroids. He delivers lectures on UFE to leading medical centers, including Harvard, Vanderbilt and Stanford universities, as well as national and international medical conferences.
Dr. Lipman is a Volunteer Physician at Good Samaritan Health Center, a non-profit health care center for those without the means to afford traditional care. He also volunteers as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Morehouse School of Medicine.
Major news outlets frequently request interviews about fibroids and UFE with Dr. Lipman, including: CNN (by Wolf Blitzer), The Doctors, CNBC, the Health Network, USA Today, Jet, the Wall Street Journal, Family Circle, WebMD, and fibroids and UFE. He has produced a series of videos about UFE (click to view videos) with Sharecare. Dr. Lipman was chosen as the National Physician Spokesperson for the Fibroid Awareness Campaign of supermodel Beverly Johnson.
Our friendly team of health professionals at Atlanta Fibroid Center provide experienced care and excellent hospitality. On your procedure day, you will be assigned a private room for ultimate comfort and privacy!